Thursday, December 9, 2010

Embroidery Club project



I've been working on a HV Embroidery Club project lately. It's a towel hanger with a colorful and festive looking selection of veggies on the top part of the towel. The really neat part of this towel hanger is that the towel actually detaches from the top (velcro) for washing. I guess I'm just way behind the times because I've never seen one like this. Anyway, one towel makes to projects and it was pretty easy to assemble. I'll be taking it to Viking Sew 'n Quilt for display and inspiration for others.

My other projects include a quilt that I'm hand sewing the binding to for a Christmas gift and I'm about to start a Railroad-Hobo quilt as my next project. I plan on using Civil War era fabrics for the Hobo quilt. The Hobo quilt will be an embroidery quilt and I'll post pictures as I complete the blocks.

No comments: