Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back From Convention

Convention was wonderful and I'm starting to decompress. This pillow is a easy class that was done on the new H class 200S serger. Many of my classmates remarked that this serger resembles an old White model carried by HV stores which was very popular.  The H/Class 200S is an inexpensive and simple to use serger and is very versatile.  I was very impressed that both sides of the machine, below the stitching area, opened up for easy access and cleaning.  And, when the right side cover is opened, you have access to a few tools that are used often (cleaning brush and screwdriver) as well as there is an area for extra needles.  That's a simple but very nice feature.

The stitches were easy to dial in and the stitch quality was excellent.  I was able to complete this exercise in the allotted class time of 2 hours.  While the pillow doesn't have colors I would select, I will definitely be making a few of these with fancier threads and seasonal colors for decorations on beds and couches in my home.  The two dotted strips featured the gathering foot on the serger and some of the others were done with the blind hem foot.  It was a great class for me, someone who rarely uses her serger. I didn't feel lost (too much) at all. I loved trying the various feet and how easy the project was to complete.  My next post will be on the new Designer Diamond deLuxe and how the new thread roller systems makes your embroideries perfect, front and back.

No comments: