Sunday, August 14, 2011

Monogramming Time


As much embroidery as I do you would think that all the towels in my house were monogrammed.  NOT!! I do so much for others I hardly have time to do those type of things for me.  Well this weekend we different.  I finally decided to monogram a set of towels I've had for awhile.  I originally set out to monogram the bath mat.  That was a big mistake.  It was very thick and the end result was a disaster.  I ended up making a appliqué to cover up the disaster.  It was the only thing I could think of to cover up the mistake because I was NOT taking out all those stitches.  The towels ended up being a much better choice and turned out nicely.

I found upping the density was necessary on all the towels to get good coverage.  I used a typical tear-away stabilizer and a melt away topper.  With all the stitching perforation holes, the topper actually pulled away very nicely.  I did one bath towel, 2 hand towels and 1 wash cloth.  The other towel and wash cloth are in the laundry and perhaps I'll finish them off next weekend.

My other project is my Trout quilt that I've just started.  I've not even hooked an entire fish just yet!  More on that in later editions.  Happy embroidering everyone!!

No comments: