Monday, February 13, 2012

Handy Little Hoop Helper

This handy little helper is essential in my embroidery workflow.  I was very surprised today to find out that none of my students had ever heard of this little gem.  It's designed and intended to be attached to a table.  What it does so well is hold the bottom of your hoop (outer) secure and in place so that when you're hooping your embroidery project, you only have to worry about the inner hoop and not what's happening and where your outer hoop is moving around. I used to chase a lot of outer hoops around the prep table before I purchased the hoop helper.  But no more. No I can concentrate on the inner hoop and getting my embroidery and stablilizer positioned correctly in the hoop. Right now I didn't see it stocked in the store so you'd have to ask for it by name. They'll always order something for you if you ask. This helper is one of those items that helps you have great embroideries. So many things change affect the end results in your embroidery. Add to hooping is stabilizer, adding "hoop ease", having the RIGHT type of stabilizer, having the right topper and of course, using the right thread and bobbin thread. Are you satisfied with how YOUR embroideries turn out?  If not, follow along. I plan on doing several other blogs about the various elements that affect embroideries.

1 comment:

Sharren - Tatting in Greenwood, South Carolina said...

Always love to find something that will make my work better! Would you post some pictures of it in use, please?