Sunday, May 29, 2016

Another Mug Rug!





In my continuing adventures of Mug Rugs, this week I tested using Steam-A-Seam 2 as the backing and upholstery fabric for the flower and an old scrap of dress fabric for the background.  These patterns are just great for using scraps....you do keep your scraps, right??

The results of using the SAS2 are shown and it did result in it gumming up my needle.  Not to the determent of the stitch out, but nonetheless something you might want to be aware of if you are considering using this product.

Using the heavier fabrics did result in additional/unwanted bulk.  Again, since scraps are being used, I consider it "no-harm - no-foul".  The additional bulk was not so much that a glass or mug of coffee won't sit securely on it.

Next up will be the Dogwood and Chinese flower patterns.  I won't be posting videos of them but I will post the finished results.  Last I'll work on the Daylily.  I'm not sure why I saved that flower for last or why I have gone in the order I have.  All I know is that this has been a real fun way to use my scraps and I'm already think of using the designs in a quilt.  The patter also suggests using the designs in a wall hanging.

No comments: